CPAT Report No. 1126 The Neolithic Chambered
Tombs of Breconshire
Grid reference: SO 2122 4315
Access: Private land with no public access: permission may be sought
from Clyro Court Farm
Although sited just across the River Wye in Radnorshire, the remains
of the chambered tomb at Court Farm, near Clyro, should be regarded
as part of the group of tombs that are otherwise in south-east Breconshire.
The site was first recognised by W. E. Griffiths in 1973 and consists
of an elongated mound around 32m long, up to 16.5m wide and a maximum
of 1.1m in height (RCAHMW 1997, 63-4). A number of edge-set slabs
are visible defining the remains of one, or perhaps two chambers,
although with no indication of an access passage.
A view of the upright slabs marking position of one, or perhaps
two central burial chambers at Court Farm, Clyro. Photo CPAT 3393-0025
The Diagram shows Court Farm chambered tomb near Clyro (after RCAHMW